- multicultural (primarily African American and Latino)
- from a street culture
- in restrictive custody
- reluctant readers
Nominate a title!
If you think a title is of interest to our committe, please nominate it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dERfNlAwOXMxSVJtbWw… Titles nominated by non-committee members must be seconded by a committee member. We will look at all nominated titles.
Access to Wiki/Book discussions:
If you are a librarian serving youth in custody and would like access to the wiki in order to read the discussions about up and coming titles, request access here http://inthemargins.pbworks.com/w/page/61238463/FrontPage Please provide your name and where you work in order to be granted access.
Committee membership and requirements:
- research and nominate titles that are self, independently and small press published,
- research and nominate titles of interest from all publishers
- provide written review of books, and read for special content for detention facilities
- read all nominated titles
- work with or do outreach to teens in custody and/or from street culture.
- get feedback from at least 3-10 teens on each title
- actively participate in email discussions
- meet 4-6 times a year via video conferencing and/or in person
The committee is now closed. We will open again in December of 2013. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please fill out the application here.
PUBLISHERS: Download a list of committee members addresses here. We accept electronic and print galleys and ARCs, as well as final publication copies.